Unemployment is at an all time low in Newark and the number of people in work has never been higher. In the town of Newark unemployment is less than 1% – amongst the best in the country.
11,000 new jobs have been created here since 2010 – after 3,000 had been lost under the last Labour government.
The Work & Pensions Secretary Damian Green MP came to Newark today to meet the staff of the Job Centre, thank them for their hard work and listen to how we can get even more people into good jobs – particularly focusing on improving skills through quality training and apprentices.
Well done to Ian Spalding and his dedicated Job Centre team for making Newark such a thriving place.
- About Robert
- Where I Live
- Get in Touch
- Get Involved
- Robert’s Mobile Surgery
- Bus Trips to Parliament
- Senior Citizens’ fair in Bingham
- Charity fundraising match at Twickenham – You’re Invited!
- Newark Jobs Fair 2016
- Newark & District Dementia Action Alliance
- Pledge For Health
- Parliamentary Debating Competition 2015
- Climate Change Competition
- Campaign Responses
- Robert Jenrick Reporting Back